Speech is on! Here we go!
Register, then use the provided code to join the Schoology FRMS Speech Group to find shared Materials/Resources, schedule and meet information.
The season will be very different on Zoom, but the experience & speaking will be the same.
JOIN SPEECH TEAM!
- Speech Team is a wonderful opportunity to gain experience in public speaking.
- The FRMS Speech Team is part of the South Metro Speech League, made up of 12 member schools.
- There will be 2 virtual meets scheduled in late January & early February.
- The info meeting will be held on November 23. You must sign up thru MyPaymentsPlus.
- Research & writing completed on your own, along with an arranged Zoom sometime in December.
- Coaching sessions begin January 4 and are scheduled 3:30-5:00pm throughout January.
Snow will NOT be an issue! All UPDATES will be made to students via Schoology. You will need to watch for notifications or open the Speech Team Group.
Who: All interested 6th, 7th and 8th graders are welcome.
What: The focus of DECLAM is to coach students on the finer points of successful public speaking and to encourage consistent improvement. Students choose from 16 classic speech categories including Prose, Poetry, Drama, Oratory, etc.
When: Apply in November through early December. Meet after school from December through February. There are two virtual events in late January & February. Details will be shared as the virtual meets develop.
Where: Practices will be over Zoom either individually or by category groupings.
Cost: $22 - sign permission and liability forms in MyPaymentsPlus.
Application/Registration: Click on MyPaymentsPlus to sign up. When complete, students should use the Schoology code to become a part of the Speech/Declam group and gain access to Materials & Zoom links.