FRMS offers a comprehensive athletic program for students throughout the year. Involvement in team sports helps students improve their self-esteem, communication skills, critical thinking abilities and their relationships with others.
Fall Sports Registration is Closed
- Boys Soccer (7th-8th grade) - Coach Kelly
- Girls Soccer (7th-8th grade) - Coach Smith
- Girls Volleyball (7th-8th grade) - Coach Paino
- Boys and Girls Cross Country (6th-8th grade) - Coach Calhoon
- Girls Tennis (7th-8th grade) - Coach TBD
2023-24 Middle School Athletics Information
District 196 middle schools offer five sport seasons throughout the school year. Sports are for 7th and 8th grade students, with the exception of cross-country and wrestling, which is also offered to 6th grade students. In general, sports practice is after school, Monday-Friday from 3:20-5 p.m. Competitions may last past 5 p.m., depending on the event.
Transportation is provided to and from off-site events from Falcon Ridge Middle School. There are also daily activity buses at 5 p.m. that are accessible for students after practice.
· A current sports physical (current for 3 years from date of exam) must be on file with the school nurse in order to register.
· Registration for sports is on MyPaymentPlus. Registration begins approximately two weeks prior to the season start.
· Participation fee is $110 per season. Each season is approximately six weeks.
· The fee will be waived for families that qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch.
· Scholarships are available for extenuating circumstances.
For specific information about the sport you are interested in, please go to the webpage for that specific sport.
Procedure for Weather Related Cancellations:
Practices and games can be cancelled due to inclement weather. We will take these steps noted below to notify parents/guardians of after school sport cancellations:
- We will send an email to parents at 1:00 p.m. if we need to cancel after school practices and/or competitions.
- We will announce over the loud speaker for all students to take the bus home or contact a parent/guardian for a ride.
- Please note that weather can change with little notice so there may be times when we cancel closer to the end of the school day.
- If this is the case, we will email parents by 2:45pm and make announcements at school.
- Please establish a plan for your child if/when practice and/or competitions are cancelled so all involved know what to do. This should include the student taking the bus home or a back-up ride home if the parent/guardian is not able to get to school by 3:30 pm.
Please send any questions you may have to our Athletic Director, Charlie Kusch by emailing